Caustic soda flakes maintenance
Caustic soda Flakes or solid absorbs air moisture very quickly and deformed and is converted into liquid. For this reason, the pack Lid is completely closed not to expose to air. In addition, due to the extremely high corrosion of this product, it should be maintained in plastic containers with lids and aluminum containers should not be used.
During transportation, Caustic soda must be under necessary protective covers, because it reacts with many organic and inorganic materials. For example, it combines with strong acids, aromatic nitro, nitro- paraffin compounds and organo-halogen, glycols and organic Peroxides. In combination with carbon dioxide, it is converted to sodium carbonate.
Consider the following points during transportation and maintenance:
- To be kept in a dry place with good ventilation.
- An indoor warehouse, specific to Caustic soda flakes away from incompatible materials such as acids and… should be considered and just in time required, the pack lid should be opened. Otherwise, it is humidified in the air due to high taking-humidity property and then it becomes lump.
- Danger cautions including corrosion and… should be installed exposed to individual views.
- Direct contact with sodium hydroxide and water causes severe exothermic reaction that precautions must be taken.
- It should be maintained in suitable labeled containers with lid.
- corrosion-resistant materials should be used in the construction of warehouses.
- Keep away from children.
- Face shield / eye and appropriate protective gloves should be used.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse well with plenty of water and refer to doctor.
- Caustic soda creates a lot of heat when dissolved in water and observing safety points is necessary in this regard.
- Do not use the rack to move it.
Dangerousness degree of caustic soda based on NFPA classification:
Health risks: degree 3
Flammability: degree 0
Reactivity: degree 1